Shawn Finnegan, PAC, MSHS
Chief Neurosurgical PA WCHN
Education & Training:
- BS in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology with Cum Laude honors from University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Physical/Occupational Therapy Training at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Prerequisite Physician Assistant courses at Harvard University
- Graduated with a Masters of Health Science from George Washington University, Magna Cum Laude, Surgical Preparedness Program within the Physician Assistant Program
- Graduated Surgical Residency Program for Physician Assistants at Norwalk Hospital and Yale School of Medicine
- MBA from Quinnipiac University
- Board-certified Physician Assistant by the NCCPA
More About Shawn Finnegan:
Shawn Finnegan grew up in Franklin Massachusetts, where he graduated from Franklin High School in 2000. From there, he chose to attend the University of Massachusetts Amherst where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology in 2004 with Cum Laude honors.
Shawn then worked at Massachusetts General Hospital in physical/occupational therapy. This is where he gained an interest in becoming a Physician Assistant. He then fulfilled his prerequisite courses at Harvard University and was accepted to the very prestigious George Washington University Physician Assistant program in 2006. During his studies in Washington, D.C., he had the opportunity to travel to the Philippines to participate in a mission for craniofacial reconstructive surgery in Manila. Shawn also was fortunate enough to be part of the Surgical Preparedness Program within the Physician Assistant program. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from George Washington University with a Masters of Health Science in 2008.
Upon completion of his post-graduate studies, Shawn was accepted into the competitive Surgical Residency Program for Physician Assistants at Norwalk Hospital and Yale School of Medicine. There he took a sharp interest in neurological surgery. This curiosity was noted by Dr. Shahid, Dr. Batson, and Dr. Sanderson, who then decided to ask Shawn to join their practice. He joined their practice at Neurosurgical Associates of Southwestern Connecticut upon completion of his residency in October of 2009. Shawn is currently working on obtaining his Masters in Business Administration at Quinnipiac University.
Additional Credentials and Recognitions:
- Currently the President of Elite Brain & Spine of Connecticut
33 Hospital Road
Danbury, CT 06810
View Other Providers
Give Us A Call: