Scott P. Sanderson
Section Chief of Neurosurgery,
He has brought his state-of-the-art training to the operating rooms at Norwalk and Danbury Hospitals, specializing in complex and minimally invasive spinal surgery for both degenerative disease and trauma.
Education & Training:
- Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Graduated Cornell University with Honors, BS in Biology, Minor in Neurobiology and Behavior, Research thesis in Behavioral Biology, Dean’s List, Honor Society
- Doctor of Medicine, State University of New York at Syracuse graduating Cum Laude, Department of Neurosurgery Academic Achievement Award, inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Surgical internship and residency in Neurological Surgery at the New York University Medical Center, awarded internal fellowship in Complex Spinal Surgery and Instrumentation
More About Dr. Sanderson:
Dr. Scott Sanderson, Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery, was raised on Long Island, New York, and graduated from Ward Melville High School with Highest Honors before attending Cornell University. At Cornell, Dr. Sanderson distinguished himself by becoming a member of the Honor Society and being named to the Dean’s List for all 8 semesters. He graduated with Honors with a Bachelor of Science in biology and a minor in neurobiology and behavior, after completing a research thesis in behavioral biology.
He then began his postgraduate training at the State University of New York at Syracuse where he received his Doctor of Medicine, graduating Cum Laude. He earned multiple academic achievements in both clinical medicine and research including the Department of Neurosurgery Academic Achievement Award, as well as being inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
Dr. Sanderson completed both his surgical internship and residency in Neurological Surgery at the New York University Medical Center, during which time he was awarded an internal fellowship in Complex Spinal Surgery and Instrumentation. During that time Dr. Sanderson received extensive comprehensive training in all aspects of spinal surgery including minimally invasive and reconstructive spinal procedures, spinal cord tumors, and instrumentation. He was Chief Resident in Neurological Surgery in both Bellevue Hospital and the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Manhattan, where he operated on complex brain tumors, intracerebral vascular malformations, cerebral aneurysms and extensive brain and spinal cord traumatic injuries.
After completing his surgical training and publishing extensively in neurosurgical journals, Dr. Sanderson and his wife moved to Connecticut to join Drs. Shahid and Batson at Neurosurgical Associates of Southwestern Connecticut, P.C. He has brought his state-of-the-art training to the operating rooms at Norwalk and Danbury Hospitals, specializing in complex and minimally invasive spinal surgery for both degenerative disease and trauma. He uses computerized navigational software to aide in the safe dissection of and removal of brain tumors and treatment of intracranial diseases. Dr. Sanderson is deeply committed to medical education and lectures regularly to the medical and surgical house staff on topics varying from “Intensive Care Management of Head Injury” to “Surgical Treatment of Low Back Pain.”
Additional Credentials & Recognitions:
- Chief Resident in Neurological Surgery in both Bellevue Hospital and the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Manhattan
- Lecturer on the subjects of “Intensive Care Management of Head Injury” to “Surgical Treatment of Low Back Pain.”
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery at New York University Medical Center
- Extensive training in Spinal Surgery including Minimally Invasive and Reconstructive Spinal procedures, Spinal Cord Tumors, and Instrumentation, Complex Brain Tumors, Intracerebral Vascular Malformations, Cerebral Aneurysms and extensive Brain and Spinal Cord Traumatic Injuries
- Specializes in Complex and Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery for both Degenerative Disease and Trauma
33 Hospital Road
Danbury, CT 06810
148 East Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
View Other Providers
Give Us A Call: